Monday, March 30, 2009

I'm scared, frustrated, helpless...

worried, sleep deprived, grossed out, and lots of other things this past week! Charlie has always been a really good eater! He opens his mouth wide for bites and always eats everything we make for him. However this past week he would shake his head no at me when I tried to feed him and he would gag and throw everything up! And when I say everything people I mean EVERYTHING! Friday he didn't throw anything up and he had a pretty good appetite compared to what it had been the past few days, so when we were invited to go to dinner with our friends Sat. we did. Well as we were all finishing up our meals at the restaurant Charlie began to puke every where. I cupped my hands tried my best to just keep it on me and his blanket. The poor thing was puking so much he couldn't breath...it was even coming out his nose! I ran into the bathroom with him when he was done and Jack helped me clean up and get his clean jammies on:( I was so scared I just broke down in the bathroom! My friends were so sweet and helpful, thanks you guys so much for being so understanding! Here is a picture of the blanket to give you a small glimpse of how much puke I'm talking about.

After we dropped our friends off we took Charlie to the urgent care and the doctor checked him out and said he was perfectly healthy and sometimes kids just go through periods like this...WHAT THE..! Are you kidding me?! I guess because he is so happy right before and after it happens he didn't think it was acid reflux. Here is what he is like after he does this...

...happy and crawling around, go figure. There was no fever so it wasn't a virus, and he was having wet and messy diapers so no bowel obstruction. I guess the doctor knows what he is talking about and luckily yesterday and today Charlie is eating normal and keeping it down...KNOCK ON WOOD! Well I hope none of you have to go through this "period" in your child's life because I have not slept for about a week now and it is just not a fun clean up.

11 comments:

Keri said...

So sorry Michelle! Not an easy thing for either of you to go through! Hope things are on the mend!

Hipple Family said...

Oh, poor thing! I am sorry! I did not even know............I am glad he is feeling better now, hope you do as well.
Love ya!

stacibee said...

Ha, ha! I love that you took a picture of the blanket! No stress Miss, these things happen. I'm just so glad that he's doing better now. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it sticks!

Mike, Torie and Boys said...

I am so sorry. That is the worse. You just feel so bad for them.
I hope he is feeling better.

Pays said...

Oh man, that is no fun at all! K went through a little period like that when we were on our trip to Disneyland. She had the "runs" to go with it! Not fun!! I am so glad that he is doing better!

Clarissa Meegan said...

A normal stage? What the??! is right! Good luck!

The Comin Family said...

I'm so sorry! That does not sound fun! I hope POrter does not go through that stage of life! I hope Charlie keeps feeling better for your sanity!

Chelsey said...

I agree! What the!! How scary!

Neysa said...

Oh, Poor guy. I am glad he is feeling better though even though supposively he "was fine" the time he was doing that. That is NOT fun at all, especially to have to clean it up too.

KSK said...

Oh my gosh that is so much on his blanket. That is so sad. It is crazy such a little guy can get so much out. I am so sorry! It really worries you so much when your kids aren't eating. I just went through a little time like this. It just stresses you out. SORRY

Anne Gessel said...

Michelle - I'm so glad you found our blog!!! I'm sorry about your cute little Charlie. My sister-in-law is dealing with that but her little girl is almost 3 years old. Hopefully he will grow out of it. Keep in touch!!!!! I hope your grandpa is doing better. Love ya!