Monday, November 8, 2010

"Mommy make a MESS!"

This is a phrase I have learned to fear! Charlie is getting into all kinds of things lately and he is very honest when he makes a "mess". I will leave him watching a movie or playing with toys to go get something done and a few min. later he is coming to me, "Mommy make a mess!" I tell him to show me and he guides me to his latest disaster. I will share a few examples....about a month ago he came to me covered in silver marker. He had found a silver sharpie and colored his entire body, the couch, the wall in the basement, and his toy box. Luckily it all came out and the marker went in the garbage. A few weeks ago...and this was totally my fault...he took a small cup of nutella chocolate and covered himself in it including the bottoms of his feet and walked all over the couch, covering it with tiny brown footprints.

A couple days ago he found a brand new bag of fish crackers and dumped the entire thing all over the kitchen table and floor then proceeded to stomp on all of them. Here he is in time out for that one.



Then the cherry on top was Grandma Lucy's house on Saturday. We went down for family pictures and an early Thanksgiving dinner with Uncle Craig and he locked himself in her bathroom, shoved two towels in the toilet, and tried to flush them. The whole bathroom flooded so bad the water was GUSHING through the floor into the basement! What am I going to do with this child?!!! It's a good thing he is so cute! Pray that I can go at least a week without hearing the phrase "Mommy make a mess!"

2 comments:

Clarissa Meegan said...

Oh WOW! Those are quite the messes!! How did you ever get the nutella off? (I might've licked it off I seriously love that stuff so much)

I always knew that boys got into things and were more mischievous then girls but had no true idea until Miles started walking. You have now illustrated what is to come...oh dear.

Jo said...

He learned the trick with the toilet from his father but Jack used an entire roll of toilet paper(still on the roll) stuffed down the toilet. He was also considerably older and should have known better. Water ran down the basement stairs and we had to put in a whole new kitchen floor. :(
This is how you get great stories to tell.
xoxo Jo