Wednesday, June 3, 2009

A few posts all in one:)

So I have been really busy lately so I have not gotten around to making some fun posts so I decided to combine them all into one big one so get ready to read and look at some cute pictures! The first one here is of my little angels first shiner! He was playing in his room and pulled his humidifier on top of himself and it was full of water! He was soaking wet and had a huge black eye that was bleeding as well...so SAD! I thought I was going to pass out with how fast it went purple and the blood didn't help! He cried for about 30 seconds and was wanting to go play again...he is one TOUGH kid!


On Friday night my WONDERFUL parents came up to babysit Charlie while Jack and I went to the Herriman Rodeo with my brother Bret and his cute wife Ash. We had such a good time and appreciate Jack's work for giving us the free tickets:)



And the past 3 days I have been doing some major yard work. We have a huge yard and with all the rain lately our weeds have taken over and we have been putting off pulling them. On Monday I finally got brave and started in the front...5 HOURS later it was complete!! Yesterday I worked on the back around our raised beds where we are growing our own veggies this year and 3 HOURS later I was only half way done! My arms hurt so bad that I can hardly pick up my child! The garbage can you see was completely empty when I started and I still have two piles and half the yard left! I know your jealous...most people can't produce weeds like us, we all have our talents:) Anyway the yard looks great now and our veggies are growing wonderfully! We had our first salad last night with our lettuce and it was probably the best salad I have ever had! I told Jack that I am an official farmer now. I told him to go ahead and tell people that I take care of our child and work the land:) (I know I am so lame, but I am proud of our little garden:))




8 comments:

The Redford Family said...

Poor guy. I am glad he is tough. Your husband and you look so cute together! Cute family!!!! yard work is sooo much work. I never knew until we got this new house with a lot of yard work. It looks nice when it is done but boy is it a lot of work. I am going to be in town in July...we should get who ever lives close by and have a girls night out!!!

Clarissa Meegan said...

1)He is definitely a boy---a black eye already?

2) Your garden looks great! I'm so jealous!

Anonymous said...

I love that you are gardening. That is something we really want to do but the landlord ripped up the back yard to put a MASSIVE garage in there. So no luck for us on that score.

Mike, Torie and Boys said...

I feel like our weeds are out of control too. Seems like we have been doing yard work everynight.

Your canopy's are darling. I will have to get one next time we have a baby. ( Not for a while :)

Hipple Family said...

Poor little guy! He looks so big too!
I would of loved to come and help pull up weeds. The weather looks great there!
Happy Gardening!

Stephanie said...

Good job Farmer Michelle! Maybe next year you can teach me to be a farmer too (if I have a yard by then - I hope)! Your son looks like a little version of your brother! I can't believe how big he is already!

Cory and Emily said...

GO MICHELLE! Your garden looks great! By-the-way, Charlie looks just like you in that picture!!!! Crazy! Hope you are doing well!

Em

Kim and Nate said...

Cute pictures! You went to the Heriman parade? How fun! Next time you come to Heriman give me a call I live in Riverton which is right next to there. Right behind the big Walmart that's off Bangater. Your little Family is adorable!